The New Traffic System
Aquira is a powerful and highly flexible Traffic system designed for local and national sized radio businesses. With its modern user interface Aquira provides real time access to sales and inventory data, and a vast range of scheduling, billing, and reporting options. Aquira helps you manage clients, prospects and sales team call activity . Aquira is the innovative solution to all your traffic needs.
Multiple Station CapabilityAquira's scalable platform supports single station to multi-station or multi-location broadcast groups centrally in the one system. The highly secure database lets you easily manage the scheduling and billing of advertising orders across multiple stations via one central location. Contracts are handled seamlessly from order entry through to single or multi-invoice billing.
Log ManagementAquira is easy to use - you can open multiple logs at the same time and drag and drop spots from one day to the other. You can key in a weekly or monthly spot line for each contract. With multiple stations having their own accessibility to one database, you can move from one window to another without the fear of losing your work.
Control of SalesAquira gives your sales staff the information they need without interrupting your traffic people back at the station. Flexible Rate Cards allow you to cope with variation due to demand and seasonality. Up-to-the-minute avails empower sales staff to sell. Sales staff can add client proposals directly into the system and submit them for approval. Credit controllers can access real time data when they need it, making approvals come faster. Agencies can book spots on hundreds of stations seamlessly. The interaction between management, traffic and sales comes together with Aquira.
Superior ReportingAquira provides the most powerful real time reporting you can find. Account and Contract management, invoicing, spot analysis, avails, and sales - a myriad of useful reports that provide immediate information for informed decisions. Create your own custom reports by adding attributes with user definable fields. The options are endless. Aquira is the complete, management-oriented traffic system designed to keep pace with the rapidly changing and competitive world of radio.
World Class SupportOur Support department is legendary. All the people who help you solve your day to day problems are radio people, too. RCS Support never sleeps and is always open 24/7/365 for Aquira users worldwide.
- Manage single stations to multi-station or multi-location broadcast groups, using centralized Traffic and Sales system.
- Define which roles can access different parts of the software.
- Allows your reps to safely login to the database using Windows authentication.
- Create reports from scratch.
- Use one of the many system reports.
- Modify a system report and save it as your own.
- Drag and drop spots.
- View multiple stations and/or days at any time.
- Add the fields that you want in the application.
- Customize important data you need for reporting.
- Key in weekly or monthly spot lines.
- Attach any number of stations to one piece of media on one line.
- Create and manage scripts within the same application.
- Generate a single invoice or multiple invoices, and statements at the click of a button.
- Maintain account information for transactions, payments, invoices and journals.
Day Parts (Time ranges)
- Define different time ranges for different stations down to a granularity of 5 minutes.
Flexible Rate Cards
- Cater for different rate variations due to demand and seasonality.
- Aquira supports multiple language translations.
- Aquira has two different Server configuration options: Database Server and Aquira Service Host installed on the same Server machine or Database Server and Aquira Service host installed on separate Server machines. (Recommended for larger sites - please consult with RCS about system configuration and specifications).
- O/S: Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1 (R2) or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 is required for optimal multi-user performance. See the end of this document regarding Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2012.
- IIS: must be added as a Windows component if you plan to use OneClick deployment over the internet as well as Aquira Online.
- .NET: .NET Framework Version 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required, up to and including Aquira Version 2.0. A minimum of .NET Framework Version 4.0 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards.
- SQL Server 2012: With SQL Server 2012 Management Objects installed. See the end of this document regarding SQL Server 2012.
- SQL: SQL Server must have the SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed. SQL Server 2008 Express: With SQL Server 2008 Management Objects installed. With SQL Server 2012 Management Objects installed.<br /> While we do support SQL Server 2008 Express, there are many limitations and SQL Server 2008 Standard is the preferred option. Please contact RCS for advice on using SQL Server 2008 Express.<br /> The SQL Server 2008 Management Objects are: SQLSysClrTypes.msi and SharedManagementObjects.msi which come in 32 and 64 bit variants. See http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9/a/b9a78047-d269-4a25-88a1-9c4321d90677/instructions_enu.htm for further information and downloads.<br /> SQLXML 4.0 (sqlxml4.msi) is required when creating a new Aquira Database using all versions of SQL Server 2008.
- Processor: 3 GHz or faster recommended
- RAM: 4GB or higher recommended for small sites - 1 to 2 Stations with max 3 concurrent Users. 16GB or higher recommended for larger sites - 3 or more Stations with 4 or more concurrent Users.
- Disk space: 150MB minimum disk space required for server application installation.
- Overall disk space will depend on the database size.
For larger SQL Servers the following disk configuration is recommended:
Disk Usage 2 disks in RAID 1
10K RPM minimum
Windows 2008 R2 x64
SQL System databases (including tempdb)
4+ disks in RAID 5 or 0+1 15K RPM
(or a Solid-State disk for optimum performance)
SQL Data files for Aquira 2 disks in RAID 1 15K RPM SQL Log file for the Aquira database only
- NOTE: SMTP is required for Aquira if you wish to use Email Notifications.
- Aquira Online must be installed on a Web Server with IIS 7.0 and ASP.NET MVC2. See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=C9BA1FE1-3BA8-439A-9E21-DEF90A8615A9&displaylang=en ASP.NET MVC4.0 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards. See http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30683
- O/S: Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional (excluding Windows 7 Home Premium) and Windows 8 (with some known errors - please contact RCS for further information). Note: Windows XP is not supported for Aquira Version 2.4 onwards.
- Microsoft Office: Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 for Copywriting operation. See the end of this document regarding Office 2013.
- Processor: 2 GHz or faster recommended
- RAM: 2 GB or higher recommended
- Disk space: 400MB minimum disk space required for workstation application installation, 110MB for OneClick.
- Connectivity: Each workstation must have access to the Aquira Server via your internal network or via a V.P.N. connection. Terminal Server is not recommended.
- .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required, up to and including Aquira Version 2.0.
- A minimum of .NET Framework 4.0 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards. .NET Framework 4.5 is required for Aquira Version 2.1 onwards.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- For Aquira Online, Internet Explorer 10 is supported and Internet Explorer 9 is compatible. Chrome is supported for Aquira Online Version 2.3 onwards. Minimum screen resolution 1280x1024.
- Standalone workstation minimum requirements are the same as the Client Workstation requirements mentioned above. This configuration is an option only for very small sites (1 to 2 Stations with max 2 concurrent users).
- A Server / Client configuration on a Windows Domain is still recommended over a Standalone configuration on a Windows Workgroup.
- A Windows Domain configuration is recommended over a Windows Workgroup. Please contact RCS if you are using Windows Workgroups.
Third Party Interface
- If you require Third Party Interface for the Web PAI (with .NET 4.5) or WCF API, please contact RCS.
These are minimum requirements, so feel free to exceed them. Get as much power and free space as you can. For Internet connectivity and servers, RCS supports a Microsoft network using TCP/IP on a brand name, server quality computer.
- RCS does not actively develop or test Aquira in Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or older operating systems.
- Server 2012 (IIS 8.0), SQL Server 2012, Windows 8 (IIS 8.0), Internet Explorer 10.0 and Microsoft Office 2013 are currently in QA.
- Please contact RCS for advice before installation.
- What is Aquira?
- Aquira is a powerful and highly flexible Traffic system designed for local and national sized radio businesses. With its modern user interface Aquira provides real time access to sales and inventory data, and a vast range of scheduling, billing, and reporting options . Aquira helps you manage clients, prospects and sales team call activity . Aquira is the innovative solution to all your traffic needs. Aquira controls commercial scheduling, invoicing, edits, stores scripts, and provides instant sales and revenue projection reports. It manages clients, contacts, client calls and proposal revenue reports - according to your permissions as account manager.
- What businesses benefit most from Aquira?
- Radio stations for contract/schedule management and accounts receivable all benefit. Creative teams for script management and Sales teams for client management.
- How does Aquira manage my client database?
- Aquira maintains a database of client information. The database tracks clients, prospects, and business contacts ; Aquira logs sales calls and provides follow-up reminders for sales people. It categorizes and sorts clients as needed for targeted mail merge, direct mailing of newsletters, special event invitations or announcements.
- How are contracts handled?
- Contracts are entered into Aquira, or submitted from Aquira for review and acceptance. Default codes from clients can be used to make data entry fast and accurate. Copy and Repeat functions help speed your work. For example, one spot line can be split automatically across multiple stations. Enter contracts as far into the future as needed - there is no time limit for future scheduling. Key in weekly or monthly spot lines. Chargelines invoice package contracts and production fees, while Costlines track station costs for net revenue reporting.
- What about scheduling?
- All commercials are scheduled when entered, so available time reports are instant and always up-to-the-minute. Schedule warnings are automatically highlighted, and if any rules have been broken and you need to perform last minute changes to schedules, simply drag and drop spots directly on or between the logs. Yes, that means you can open multiple logs at the same time. Client and product clashes are automatically highlighted. Schedules can be printed or exported to various automation systems. Aired times for commercials can be imported from some automation systems for reconciliation.
- What reports are available?
Create reports from scratch, use one of the many system reports, or modify a system report and save it as your own.
Aquira reports include:
- Schedules reports
- Sales and revenue projection reports
- Commission reports
- Accounting reports
- What about invoicing?
- Within Aquira, there is a complete Accounts Receivable system to handle invoicing, receivable amounts and overdue reports . Aquira's role based security ensures that the right people have the right access to the right information.
- How does it handle scripts?
- In the Creative section of Aquira, copy can be written and attached to the contracts and media/automation code. The Copy Editor now provides full editing functionality. Print scripts or e-mail them directly to the client for approval.
- What type of computer do I need to run Aquira?
- See our Technical Requirements page for details.
- How is Aquira different to Airwaves?
- Aquira is the next evolution of Airwaves . Aquira is packed with hundreds ofnew usability, performance, and management improvements , all based on our valuable customer feedback. Of course, Aquira looks different than Airwaves, with its modern easy to use interface, but the most significant differences can be found in Aquira's secure, scalable, design . Aquira supports single-station to multi-station or multi-location configurations. Combine this with its customizable report writer, and the rock-solid security features needed to manage secure local and remote access, and you have one very powerful traffic tool.