NexGen Digital is everywhere
NexGen Digital is the most widely used radio automation software in the United States and now all over the world. There is a good reason why more and more broadcasters have turned to NexGen Digital to handle their day to day automation needs. Over 2500 stations use NexGen Digital to play every minute of their audio every day. NexGen Digital is perfect for enterprise wide systems or single stations.
NexGen Digital on the goRCS iPush is an app for your phone or hand-held device that lets you record then send voice tracks right into the log of NexGen Digital. Use your integrated version of WANcasting to land the track right into the automation system for playback on the air. With iPush you can leave that bulky recording equipment at the studio and still capture all your important remote events. iPush works with your iPhone or second generation or newer iPod Touch. iPush is compatible with the phone's microphone, or upgrade to plug-in higher quality over-the-counter microphones.
NexGen helps you get more for your moneySharing resources with WANcasting is easy with NexGen Digital. Now you can share your corporate audio with any site. WANcasting handles transfers between sites including: audio, logs, music/traffic load files and verification files for reconciliation. When you have NexGen Digital, all your systems talk to each other and make the process of communication smoother and better.
RCSremote saves changesLearn More...
NexGen makes your talent betterEveryone saves time and does better radio with NexGen Digital. Your talent can put together a live-sounding, four-hour shift in 30 minutes. Use VoiceTRAC features like fade up/down of audio, automatic ducking and fully adjustable timelines. Stay current and efficient with an automation system that lets you use talents anywhere and at anytime.
NexGen listens and recordsWith NexGen Digital, you can set up your network feeds so that you never miss a program (particularly, if someone forgot to push a button). Capture satellite feeds or any other audio with our fully integrated DRR module, built right into NexGen Digital! No more late night calls to networks or distributors having to download a feed from some FTP site.
NexGen grows as you growWith NexGen Digital, to add HD channels, you just add them! Its scalability is also one of the reasons why more and more broadcasters have moved to NexGen Digital. We built it with HD in mind.
World Class SupportOur Support department is legendary. All the people who help you solve your day to day problems are radio people, too. RCS Support never sleeps and is always open 24/7/365 for NexGen users worldwide.
iPush Record and Upload from Anywhere
Smart Ripper The Original Music Scheduler
Know your basics
- Manages station logs for up to 14 days in advance.
- Use manual or auto load mode for music or traffic; copy a portion of your log to another station or day.
- Lets you add and edit production elements.
- Allows you to right click on an element for previewing.
- Drag/drop or manually add from your inventory.
- You can edit every seque or modify elements in the log without permanently altering them.
Delivers system status overviews with snapshots of what has happened during the day.
- Status screen gives you current options/modes, drive status, which CPUs are logged into NexGen and if your station is on air.
- Monitor the wellness of your system without having to go searching for information...It's all right there on your monitor.
- Gives you automated control rooms that let you customize the programming in real-time.
- NexGen provides Satellite and Manual Control modes.
Heart Of The System
- Keep your station on time with GPS Master Clock, Internet time pulse, tone or closure from a satellite provider and hyper-accurate time cards.
- Export title and artist data, several forms of RDS export and PAD information: title, artist, length, weather, AMBER alerts, station IDs and more.
- Easy to learn, you don't have to possess a Ph.D. in order to get the results that you want.
- Control your system from anywhere on the network. Any user can log in from any location on the network for maximum flexibility.
- Allows in-coming/out-going traffic, programming and VoiceTRACs.
- Move complete inventories between radio stations or work stations.
- We invented WANcasting, and we continue to lead the industry in allowing you to maximize your resources across many markets.
- Lets you VoiceTRAC on any workstation making any machine a production machine.
- Preview voice tracks exactly the way they will sound on-air.
Technical Requirements (Version 3.15 & higher)
Minimum Hardware Components
- Workstation: P4 1.4 GHz with 512 MB RAM – Dependent on OS
- Server: P4 1.4 GHz with 1GB RAM – Dependent on OS
- 32X CD-ROM
- 1024X768 dpi screen resolution, 256 colors
- Network interface card (10/100 Mbps)
File Server Network Operating Systems
- Novell Netware 5.1 and 6.5
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows 2008 Server R2
Options for multi-layered fault tolerance, redundancy, and data backup
- Redundant file server
- Standby hardware (cold standby)
- Redundant array of independent disks
- Hotsparing, mirrored audio and data
Primary and secondary audio servers automatically switch over when needed (hot standby).
Local database stored at workstation automatically copies and stores data, allowing the workstation to continue playing stored material in the event of a network failure.
- Audio Science ASI 6122, 6114, 5111, 6614 ,6640 ,6514, 6540, 6618, 6518, 6520, 6620, 6522, 6622, 6544, 6644
- Direct X compatible
- Analog and AES digital outputs are dependent on the card used.
- SINE Systems ACU-1
- Selected Pro-Bel and SAS Routers up to 512X512
- Broadcast Tools
- 32-channel GPI/O card, Serial GPI
- Axia GPI/O
- RS-232 Control
- RS-422 Control
- RS-485 Control
Operating System Platforms
- Windows 7 - 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- Windows XP - 512 MB RAM when used with a file server. XP requires 1 GB RAM when standalone.
Digital Audio Specifications
- Sampling rates of 32, 44.1 and 48 KHz
- MPEG 1, layer 2, MP3 or uncompressed Linear .wav (PCM)
- Do I have to buy computer hardware from RCS?
- RCS provides "turnkey" solutions that include computers with pre-configured NexGen software. However if you want to purchase your own hardware, RCS can provide a list of specifications.
- Does NexGen require any proprietary hardware?
- No. All RCS software is developed for off-the-shelf hardware.
- What is special about NexGen's VoiceTRAC?
- With VoiceTRAC, you can record liner breaks and intros for an entire shift, all without ever leaving the VoiceTRAC recorder. Once you start recording your show, you never have to switch back and forth between the recorder and the log to look for the next break.
- Can I record a program from the network while I am on the air?
- Yes, NexGen's Digital Reel To Reel (DRR) feature enables you to record any item and then play it back at the time of your choosing.
- Can NexGen be used for an All Talk or All Sports station?
- Yes, NexGen is suitable for stations of any size or format. NexGen can be configured to run in Live, Automated and Satellite modes.
- Can NexGen play a different commercial to my Internet audio stream than the one on the terrestrial signal?
- Yes, NexGen's streaming functions provide the ability to play several streams, optionally with separate commercials in each, at the same time.
- Does NexGen automatically update its software? Do I have to go off air to do this?
- NexGen software updates are initiated by the user at any convenient time. Once an update is selected, the software upgrade runs in the background without taking your station off the air. The RCS Support department can also manage the updates for you.
- Does NexGen automatically normalize my station's music?
- NexGen does not automatically normalize music. However our Audio Format Converter can perform this task on demand with a single command.
- What kind of audio files does NexGen support?
- MPEG 1 Layer 2 (MP2), Layer 3 (MP3) and linear (WAV or PCM) files are supported.
- Can the look of NexGen be customized for each jock?
- Yes, that is half the fun. All user fields, colors, fonts and buttons are under the control of the user and are saved for the next time they log on to the system.
- Does NexGen have a way to save the mic EQ setting for each jock?
- Microphone EQ is normally the domain of a mic preamplifier. You can use a mic processor with this feature with your NexGen system if desired.
- Does NexGen work on an Apple computer (running Mac OS)?
- NexGen is designed to run on the Windows platform. Although some Mac computers can support some Windows applications, it is not possible to run NexGen in that scenario.
- How do I add songs to the control room?
- Drag and drop songs into the control room from your production inventory list. It's that simple.
- How many days in advance can I schedule NexGen?
- NexGen can be scheduled up to 14 days in advance.
- Can I restrict different users to different parts of the system?
- Yes. Administrator rights can be assigned to individual users at your discretion.